Coldest
May 07, 2024, 05:21:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: I've changed anti-bot strategies, so hopefully the rash of bot registrations will stop. Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Issues with last couple of git revisions - Hangup on "Processing"  (Read 5371 times)
kwadroke

View Profile WWW
« on: December 02, 2011, 03:32:36 PM »

I'm getting a lot of messages on the console like this.

Processing 26319 out of 16129
Time: 3

It starts at "Processing 1"... and keeps going. This starts when I click on "Host". I have to "kill -9 coldest" to get it to close. I've tried doing a git clone into a new directory and deleted the ~/.coldest directory and had the same problem. I've compiled it on 2 systems Running Ubuntu/Lubuntu 11.10, one with an Intel Video card (laptop) and one with an NVidia 9500 (desktop).

Any suggestions?
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 07:37:11 PM »

Yeah, the latest git was probably pretty unstable.  I pushed a new version that should be better, and it will only do that once for each map (and not at all for riverside because I included the generated path file for that map).  There are still issues with the bot pathing on riverside and I haven't even tried tears or oneway, but craters should work well because there's no impassable terrain between the bases.
kwadroke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 02:04:33 AM »

This has fixed the issue for most maps.

The bots are working pretty well now too. Only issue I have with them as they like to fire the lasers weither or not they have line-of-site or not.
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 10:42:03 PM »

Yeah, I have some preliminary code for LOS checking, but it won't work right until I tweak some other code, so for the moment they have no good way of knowing if their target is visible.

Glad to hear the bots are working okay for you too. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: