Coldest
May 02, 2024, 08:32:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: I've changed anti-bot strategies, so hopefully the rash of bot registrations will stop. Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Q: How do I get into a game?  (Read 3946 times)
radroach

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2011, 11:14:08 AM »

I'm having a problem in Coldest on my second run of it keeps rapidly reloading the test server, rebuilding the maps.  How do I join and get into the game?  Its kind of going crazy so I guess this belongs in the bugs section..

Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 08:35:55 PM »

Hmm, it seems this is a bug.  Actually a couple of them.  The first is that I forgot to send keepalives from the new map loading code, so you timeout while waiting, and the second is that the keepalives aren't getting through even when I send them.  The first one I've fixed already, the second one is giving me problems.

As a temporary measure, I've bumped the timeout on the test server to 60 seconds.  That should hopefully allow you time to connect.
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 10:14:03 PM »

Okay, this should be fixed and the update is out on the server, so next time the client checks for updates you'll get it.  Thanks for letting me know, I generally test without grass and stuff so map loading doesn't take long enough to time out. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: