Coldest
April 25, 2024, 01:43:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: I've changed anti-bot strategies, so hopefully the rash of bot registrations will stop. Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The NVNews release thread  (Read 5614 times)
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« on: May 22, 2009, 10:22:20 AM »

Given that this can just be discussed on NVNews a forum post here probably isn't necessary, but this forum was looking a little lonely so I'm making one anyway.  Feel free to post any feedback here or on NVNews.

Problems that I'm aware of:
  • Performance with a lot of players still kind of sucks.  I'm working on it.
  • Mechs moonwalk when moving backward.  The models aren't final though and I'm not going to waste time animating backward walking right now.
  • Speaking of the models, the UV maps are just flipped for right and left arms/legs, so the lighting is kind of backward on one side.  It's not that noticeable, but if you look hard enough you can see it.
  • There's no credits screen.  99% of the work was done by me, so I'm not too concerned about it, but some parts (particularly the music) were done by other people and they deserve credit.  This is coming very soon.
  • No bug database.  Since I've been the only one involved up to this point it hasn't been necessary, but I plan to start a SourceForge project for it shortly.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 10:24:56 AM by Cybertron » Logged
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 07:45:30 PM »

Okay, there have been some significant delays since this was first posted, but I promise all of this will still happen.  Note that the last point about a bug database is no longer valid (link can be found on the main site's navigation menu).
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »

Well, this came and went a long time ago and nobody really cared.  So after some more improvements to hopefully pique people's interest some more, I will probably be looking elsewhere for players.
freegamer

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 08:39:31 AM »

I think you are better off looking in places like the GameDev and FreeGameDev forums where people expect open source and WIP and don't mind bugs.

http://forum.freegamedev.net/
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/
DPyro

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 01:28:54 AM »

For the moonwalking, couldn't you just run the animation backwards?
foolsh

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 02:28:32 PM »

That is what I was thinking, should be easy to step the animation according to which direction the player is walking forwards and backwards. But I'm saying this without having seen so much as a header file though.
I really wish svn wasn't down today, I have some time off and wanted to mess with this code.
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 07:19:29 PM »

If only the animation code supported animating backwards...but yeah that's probably the way to do it. Wink

Oh, and freegamer I did see your post, I just haven't had time to work on this lately.  In light of the large amount of traffic recently I'm going to make a blog post to the site to give an update on where I stand right now (no, I haven't abandoned it).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: