Coldest
March 29, 2024, 04:40:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: I've changed anti-bot strategies, so hopefully the rash of bot registrations will stop. Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting a Linux Server?  (Read 5014 times)
J0nnJ0nes

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2010, 06:55:18 AM »

I'm trying to host a server for Coldest, so some people have a chance to play together. What needs setting up? I don't see any configuration settings for a server (not to mention that my controls keep reverting to default every time the game starts). What ports need opening, particularly in case of a firewall?
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 07:34:03 PM »

Hmm, thought I fixed that controls problem.  Apparently not.  Undecided

I probably need to do some documentation on the server (and ship the dedicated server with the game so people don't have to compile their own), but it hasn't been a big priority up to now.  I will try to get something written up in the near future though.

In the meantime, it should be sufficient to open port 12010 (and maybe 12011, although IIRC that port is only used for LAN games) and click the Host button to start a server in-game.  Unfortunately that requires you to be constantly in the game yourself to keep the server going, so it's not ideal.
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 06:31:14 PM »

I've posted some documentation on the dedicated server: http://www.coldestgame.com/site/content/dedicated-server

Let me know if you have any questions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: