Coldest
April 19, 2024, 03:46:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: I've changed anti-bot strategies, so hopefully the rash of bot registrations will stop. Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenGameArt - Skorpio's Resources  (Read 5352 times)
J0nnJ0nes

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2011, 12:44:58 PM »

Hey, I found a mech with camo on OpenGameArt that might be useful. Skorpio, the one who made them said you can use it for this game, as well as contact him through the email listed there. Right now he said he'll be busy with OpenDungeons. He will definitely make more stuff later, but still busy atm.

The Resources:

-Mech

-Camouflage
kwadroke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 08:55:57 AM »

There's also another one by the same author: http://opengameart.org/content/thb-5j-thunderbird

Julius has a mech there as well: http://opengameart.org/content/mcu-43-gryphon-mech
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 10:29:27 PM »

Yeah, I've seen a few of those.  I think I mentioned in a comment on the site that right now I am hesitant to do much work on the mech models because I'm not sure how they're going to work with the performance of the game.  I'm having some problems keeping the framerate reasonable even with only a few players, and if I make the mech models even more complex I think it will quickly become a problem.  Also, I see that one of them was made for another game and I'm a little uncomfortable duplicating content like that.  I suppose it might not be so bad if I reskinned it though.

Oh, and any complete models are probably going to have to be hacked into pieces because in Coldest each body part is a separate mesh.  Doesn't make it impossible, but it is problematic for me if they weren't created in Blender.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: