Coldest
April 26, 2024, 05:54:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: I've changed anti-bot strategies, so hopefully the rash of bot registrations will stop. Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dedicated Linux Server Issues?  (Read 9995 times)
J0nnJ0nes

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2011, 10:28:33 AM »

Out of curiosity, what kind of fix was it? Because I just checked another version out from the Git repo and it still does it. Maybe the update is overwriting the source fix for now?
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 05:22:09 PM »

Shouldn't be.  The version on the update server includes the fix so even if it's overwriting your source version that shouldn't be causing problems.  I just checked and I'm not seeing any spurious traffic after closing the client so I don't think you should be seeing it either.  If you want to make sure the fix is in your copy of the source, you can look at the file ClientNetCode.cpp on line 347.  You should see this:
Code:
if ((address.host != packet->address.host || address.port != packet->address.port) &&
      packettype != "c" && packettype != "f" && packettype != "i" && packettype != "a" && packettype != "v" && packettype != "A")
Pay particular attention to the packettype != "A" at the end as that was the fix for the original problem.
J0nnJ0nes

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 01:27:00 AM »

Now that's just plain annoying! A bug that just won't go away and makes no sense! I see that line and that particular ending in the code, but it still happens.

Maybe it's me doing something wrong, especially since you don't have the problem... Here are the particulars of what I'm doing:

1) After building the source, I chose NOT to install it, so I just copied the same directories as are in the Linux 64-bit pre-built binary (Full Download), into a directory in my home directory.

2) I ran it for the first time using the binary available in the source, since I didn't realize "startscript" was the same as the "coldest" script that's downloaded in the update.

3) After updating for the first time, it automatically tries to restart, but fails to find the lib-boost and therefore ends (what the script is for).

4) I run it using ./coldest in the directory I made in my home directory.

5) I only run the game for less than 15 seconds, then exit using the regular Exit button in the Main Menu.

ALSO, I still see the problem with the Linux 64-bit pre-built binary (Full Download). So it's not just from compiling the Source Code. Again, I run ./coldest in a directory in my home directory.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 01:29:51 AM by J0nnJ0nes » Logged
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 07:25:32 PM »

I would highly recommend not allowing source builds to update.  It's going to overwrite everything you compiled anyway, which kind of defeats the purpose.  You can either set checkupdates to 0 in autoexec.cfg, or create a file named version in the root of the source tree and put a big number in it (something like 9999).

As far as the problem, I haven't really had time to look into it much yet.  They broke ground on my house this week so I've been kind of busy. Smiley  If you wanted to take another Wireshark trace of the traffic that might help though.
J0nnJ0nes

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2011, 05:42:32 AM »

I've been having trouble with wireshark since the time I provided the report. It even broke soon after, somehow. The wireshark site is pretty often on the fritz too. I was hoping I wouldn't have to use it again, but I had to use a hack just to install it right on 64-bit.

Wireshark Report: http://www.multiupload.com/FNBBJNAAUN
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2011, 07:08:25 PM »

Okay, I finally made time to look at this and it was indeed still a problem.  Unfortunately this one didn't show up if you had updates disabled in the console like I usually do, so that was why I wasn't seeing it.  I pushed a new revision into the Git repo that should fix this problem.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: