Coldest
April 26, 2024, 04:51:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: I've changed anti-bot strategies, so hopefully the rash of bot registrations will stop. Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a way to contribute  (Read 45441 times)
Benjamin

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2011, 04:47:12 AM »

Hello,

I just joined the forum - I always liked Mech games a lot, and "Coldest" feels like it is going to fun to play.
I would like to contribute content if you need it - I work as an engineer with 3d CAD, and am eager to try my hands
on a mech, tanks, turrets or the like.

Benjamin
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 09:55:16 PM »

Well, right now the only way to get models into the game is from OBJ format.  I mostly use Blender and export, but theoretically the script should be able to handle any OBJ with the necessary data (the game doesn't use OBJ directly, but I have a conversion script).  However, it appears right now the script is not in Git so I'll have to get that added.  As far as what to work on, a couple of things I've been thinking about adding are walls and bridges, although I will admit that at this point I didn't have any specific plans for them.  I just think they could be useful for making some interesting maps.

I don't have time right at the moment, but let me know if you want more details on how to get models imported into the game.  There are some quirks (if we're feeling generous) that you will need to know about once you get to that point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: