Coldest
April 26, 2024, 06:07:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: I've changed anti-bot strategies, so hopefully the rash of bot registrations will stop. Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Head Bobbing in First person/Internal view  (Read 5086 times)
kwadroke

View Profile WWW
« on: November 08, 2011, 02:01:30 PM »

Is it possible to add head bobbing to the First Person view? This would make it feel more realistic in my opinion.
Course some people might not like that and it should have an option to disable it.
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 04:20:48 PM »

It's a possibility.  At this point I'm unsure how I would want to implement it though because it will make aiming more difficult if it shifts your aim, and if it doesn't shift your aim it will look funny, especially in third person (assuming some bob were added to the model too, which I think it might need to be).

I agree that it would feel better from a strictly movement perspective so it's something I planned to revisit after some more playtesting.
kwadroke

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 02:44:07 PM »

Head bobbing, in my opinion, should only be in first person view. I wouldn't be too opposed to the aim moving while moving in first person, as it would make it more realistic.
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:16:48 PM »

It would be realistic, I'm not sure it would be fun though. Smiley

I have my concerns about the difficulty of shooting at a moving player as it is, so until I get that figured out I don't really want to make things even more difficult.  We'll see how it goes once I get the stupid bot pathing done so I can playtest that sort of thing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: