Coldest
April 25, 2024, 10:53:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: I've changed anti-bot strategies, so hopefully the rash of bot registrations will stop. Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the game being created in?  (Read 6290 times)
Kipper

View Profile
« on: November 10, 2011, 12:18:31 AM »

Quick Question,

What is the game being created in? (torque? unreal? )

Also, while i'm here, any plans to make destructible environments?
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »

It's a custom engine from the ground up, not based on anything.

At this point I have no plans for destructible environments, and because it's a custom engine it would be non-trivial to add them.  I've given some thought to a limited amount of destructibility with things like trees and walls (which aren't really in the game yet), but at this point I wouldn't want to allow destruction of terrain because it would break some of the map designs.  In any case, it would be a way off in the future, if it happens at all.
Kipper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 09:28:16 PM »

Ohh, way out of my ability to help then by the sounds of it Sad

I assume your coding in C++?
Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 09:23:20 PM »

Yep, pretty much all C++.  And some of it dates from my sophomore year of college when I didn't know anything about proper software design, so it's not real easy to work with.  I'm cleaning it up as I can, but there's still plenty that is ugly. Smiley
Tomishhask

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 06:02:33 AM »

Yep, pretty much all C++.  And some of it dates from my sophomore year of college when I didn't know anything about proper software design, so it's not real easy to work with.  I'm cleaning it up as I can, but there's still plenty that is ugly. Smiley

That's  not easy, I'm not programmer , but my brother is , and I know that it is hard work .

Cybertron
Coldest Developer
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 10:20:12 AM »

That's  not easy, I'm not programmer , but my brother is , and I know that it is hard work .
Thanks, it has certainly been a learning experience. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: